Health Tip: Prevent Inflamed Gums
— Unhealthy gums can be swollen, red and painful. Common triggers for this condition include improper dental care, malnutrition, poorly fitted dentures or side effects of certain medications.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine suggests ways to help prevent swollen gums:
- Eat a balanced diet that includes a variety of fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid foods that can lodge under the gums, such as popcorn or chips.
- Avoid any mouthwash that irritates your gums.
- Brush and floss teeth regularly.
- Visit and dentist or periodontist at least every 6 months.
Posted: October 2018
Source: Read Full Article