How to avoid a heart attack: instruction to your heart
From this disease in Russia kills 5 million people a month. In risk group — men older than 35 and women older than 45 years. Tell how to avoid myocardial infarction.
How to recognize it?
Here are the basic symptoms:
- Dull pain, discomfort, feeling of heaviness in the chest (sometimes the chest pain is not felt: especially in women, the elderly and patients with diabetes)
- Chest pain, radiating to the back, arm or stomach
How to protect yourself from this disease?
The main recommendation of doctors is exercise, Mediterranean diet (olive oil, vegetables, fruit and seafood), avoiding alcohol and Smoking, healthy eight hours of sleep.
In 2018, the year scientists also gave some new recommendations:
1. Do not give in to fits of aggression
If you often feel nervous, you have an increased risk of heart attack. Due to the tension of the nervous system, the body begins to produce more white blood cells. They usually fight infections, but if they become too much, the white cells lead to the formation of blood clots.
2. Eat eggs
They contain lots of protein, vitamins A, D, B, C, and B12, lutein and zeaxanthin, they decrease cholesterol and saturated fat that clog arteries.
And don’t be afraid that the cholesterol in eggs once you hurt. On the contrary, the cholesterol prevents the formation of plaques in blood vessels. Therefore, this product may reduce the risk of atherosclerosis: scientists recommend to eat 1-2 eggs per day.
3. Do not drink pain without the need
Diclofenac and ibuprofen increase the risk of heart attack, as reported by experts of Oxford University. However, if you do not abuse these drugs, nothing to worry about.
4. Get vaccinated against the flu
Winter infection can increase the risk of thrombosis and trigger the formation of clots. This is due to the ability of infections to cause inflammation in the body.
5. Do not take aspirin for prevention
Previously it was believed that aspirin helps prevent vascular disease. But now this hypothesis is refuted and even proven, that in healthy people older than 70 years due to aspirin can occur internal bleeding. Experts warn that this drug should not be taken daily without the advice of a doctor.
But if you have been taking aspirin in small doses, to stop abruptly too. For a start, consult your doctor.
What to do when heart attack?
Here are the steps:
- immediately call an ambulance;
- to take the supine position or polulezhachee;
- take 3 tablets nitroglycerin 0.5 mg every 15 minutes (but first is to measure diastolic pressure. If it is below 100 mm, to take nitroglycerin should not be);
- you can take sedative – validol or Korvalol. Nitroglycerin and validol can’t swallow – they need to be kept under the tongue until complete resorption;
- even if a patient has become easier, be sure to wait for the arrival of the doctor.
To know why is it necessary to inoculate from a heart attack from the story of our program