In Germany, mothers are getting older
In Germany were born in the past year, more than 787.500 children. Thus, the number of babies increased compared to the previous year: 2017 about 2600 children less came to the world, according to the Federal Statistical office on Tuesday.
What is striking is the increase in the number of mothers at the birth of their child 40 years or older is therefore. 2018 this was 42.800 deliveries in the case of more than five percent of all births. With 88 babies per 1000 women, the number of births in this age group, although still relatively low, write to the statisticians. Compared to 1990, had quadrupled the number but almost.
The Trend for later motherhood has different reasons: part of This is that more women work and the desire to have children, therefore, push to the rear. But the medical progress has made it possible to become a mother, than was previously the case, for example, through hormone treatments or artificial insemination.
Biologically, the ideal age for pregnancy is between 20 and 30 years. Who eat healthy, regularly moving and nicotine waivers, but I also 35 a good chance of easily getting pregnant, it says on the Homepage of the professional Association of women doctors.
Baby blessings in Hamburg and Berlin
In the year 2018, there were also regional differences in the number of newborn:
- Most babies per capita were born in 2018 in the city-States of Hamburg, Berlin and Bremen. In Hamburg, 12 children per 1000 inhabitants to the world, in Berlin and Bremen, there were a total of 11 newborns per 1000 inhabitants.
- Especially a few babies were born in the new countries (except for Saxony) and in the Saarland. There, the number was just eight babies per 1,000 inhabitants.
- All other States were nine or ten babies per 1000 inhabitants in the midfield.
The differences reflect the different age structures of the population. This is to be expected out of women in the new länder is still slightly more children than women in the old länder:
- While the total fertility rate was higher in the new Federal States without Berlin, 1.6,
- it stood in the former Federal territory excluding Berlin 1,58.
This number indicates how many children would a woman in the course of your life, if your birth would have to behave like all the women between 15 and 49 in the year under review.